Monday, January 14, 2013

So, I'm getting married.

Stephen asked that I be his forever and I said "omg omg omg omg omg omg YES!" There was some jumping around, smiling like smiling is my favorite, and all around "AAAAAAAH's!" throughout the evening. He got the boys in on it - just after I finished taking their pictures on the porch of them in their costumes, they insisted I go back in because "Daddy needed my help with something." 

I'll be honest - I was suspicious. They way they were smirking was indicative of more than "I'm about to get a bunch of candy, y'all!" It was more of a "I'm about to load up on candy like I'm on Oprah's Favorite Things episode!!" smirk.

But another nugget of truth - I really had no freaking idea. 

This was no trick, it was allllll treat :)

We picked a venue before we picked a date - of which we now have both. I've found an amazing duo of wedding coordinators, Fabulous Fete, to help me out. Photographer is booked. And the really important parts - the food and bar - are underway. This is soooo stinking exciting!

In the midst of all this I'm taking a few more classes - I aced Accounting 100 & Humanities 112 last semester. I'm working on (well, supposed to be at this very moment) Sociology 100 and my first Project Management Class, BUS 375. 

Even more important than that, though, is that my best friend in the world, Sarah, got engaged mid-November! She's opted for a short engagement so life is about to get a lil bit more fun for all of those closest to me! I'm getting a hot pair of red heels out of the deal, too, sooyouuuknooowwww, I'm absolutely delighted!

The biggest project I've worked on so far is finding a way to officially ask my girls to be my wingbitches. I scoured the internet (*pinterest) for ideas and came up with a box full of goodies relevant to The Big Day (TBD from here on out. ain't nobody got time to keep typin that shit out.)

Here's what I came up with, from their POV:
she's all like "GASP! I have maaaaaaail!"



I found these fun tin boxes on Amazon; they're by Blue Q. This idea came directly from Bethany at Rinse.Repeat. with a little bit of my own flair added in. You can basically find word-for-word what these four cards say by clicking that link one sentence back. 

Under the set of cards was this:
Essie's "Adore A Ball" polish, chocolate wine, blueberries & cream lollipop (to POP the question!), monogrammed purse mirror, a candle from the Charleston Historic Foundation, and some more insight into this wedding soul of mine.
A few close ups of the paper stuffs:

I snagged some paint swatches from WalMart for myself  mostly to ground the colors - and so I didn't have to explain whiiiich shade of blue / green / nudeyblush to anyone again. Turns out they were pretty handy in tying (see what I did there?) the paper goods together.

A handy calendar because organization is F.U.N.!

:)

The girls get mostly free reign of their dress. I provided cards to give them some direction (not too fancy, and preferably feminine and breezy, baby). I wrapped the card in the neutral paint swatch for them to use to pick the color of their dress.  I also included some photos of bitches having some chuckly good times.
I'll be Frank. I'm quite pleased with myself on these. & Much thanks to Ms. Bethany, again, for the (p)inspiration to get them out the door and into the hands of three very, very lovely ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me your pennies, maties! ...argh? I'm no pirate. & You don't have to be a pirate to comment. Just do it. Dooo it.