Monday, April 23, 2012

Rainy Weekend

Stephen and I took what would have been a crappy rainy weekend inside and made it less crappy by incorporating porch-side margaritas and going to the pool when it wasn't raining that badly. We only included the boys in one of those activities; don't guess which and show your opinion of me ;) While we took the easy road for Saturday night dinner ("hello, Papa John's - yeah, it's us. again.") we did whip up a fantastic version of last weekend's Thai coconut curry shrimp dish.

The original link: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/thai-coconut-curry-shrimp-10000001835298/

The flavor was admirable but the shrimp was giant in comparison to its roommates in the pan. This time we boiled chicken, shredded it, added new veggies - based on a dish Stephen had a few days prior - snow peas, red bell pepper, and asparagus. I also tossed in some mushrooms and we omitted the fish sauce. The shredded chicken was on-point in regards to not dwarfing the other ingredients. Next time we're tossing in pineapple and red pepper flakes.

I managed to sneak in 30 minutes of cycling on Sunday. Nothing strenuous, just 4 miles. I was pretty indifferent about the ride altogether - my ass hurt but I felt better about myself for actually going. Also, I picked up the new issue of Self magazine - new love! - and it mentioned HIIT training, or running or something like that. It's High Interval something Training where basically you sprint for a minute, then walk for a minute. Repeat until you feel like you're about to die. or 8x. or until your shoe rubs the skin off your Achilles tendon. whichever comes first. Mine were the first and 3rd options combined. But I felt great and was a little sad that it was wiser to stop than to continue to punish my lungs (and feet) for merely existing.

Only the boys went to the pool on Sunday, I went grocery shopping for the aforementioned curry dish for dinner. 

Russ in his new shark bike helmet.


Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me your pennies, maties! ...argh? I'm no pirate. & You don't have to be a pirate to comment. Just do it. Dooo it.