Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Logging on for a Whole30: Day 1

The actual day one.

I'm actually doing the Whole30. Not planning to, not thinkin' 'bout it, not preparing for, not "waiting for my birthday to pass." Just doin the damn thing.

Today I ate:
2 frittatas + a bison sausage patty + coffee
Tuna Waldorf Salad + broccoli + 1/2 a peach
Chicken + 1/2 a sweet potato + brussels sprouts
Almost 64oz of water


Breakfast was a success, the prosciutto-wrapped spinach and mushroom frittatas were really good - even reheated, and lunch was a smashing success - although really simple. Who knew?! I assembled a tuna waldorf salad here at work using 1/3 of a giant fuji apple, 1 can of tuna, 1/2 an avocado, splash of brown spicy mustard, and a handful of pecans and after assembling I used a dinglehopper to dig in, no crackers or bread necessary (or wanted or allowed!). I also had 1/2 of the best peach I can ever remember eating; I picked it up yesterday at Boone Hall Farms Market and I was not sad that Josh wasn't interested in sharing it with me! It's been 4 hours and I have no interest in eating anytime soon. Success.

I did weigh myself this morning, just so I'd have something for day 31 to compare to. Tonight I'll do a few before pictures (read: 77 attempts for 1 decent photo) and also put together a meal that I started prepping for yesterday. Sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and chicken are on the menu tonight - easy stuff that Josh should be able to choke down. Hooray!

Dinner was good but the evening was long as I finished clean up from Sunday and tried to make kale chips. Those are Not. For. Me. I don't know if I did something wrong but even the ones I didn't burn were not good. The only thing I liked about them was that they sounded like pop rocks in my mouth. What I didn't finish of my dinner went into a container to have with my frittata in the morning. 

So by the end of the day, I'd followed my meal plan - although I let Josh veer a little by giving him broccoli instead of sprouts but that didn't seem like a bad swap :) 



Recap:
Logging on for a Whole30: Day 0
Logging on for a Whole30: Day -1

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me your pennies, maties! ...argh? I'm no pirate. & You don't have to be a pirate to comment. Just do it. Dooo it.